Monday, July 21, 2014

I miss cheese


MMMMMMMMM.  Cookie.

If you're starting to wonder why every blog begins with a selfie, especially if you personally know me (and know how I feel about them), there is a reason.  I want people to read my blog because they like what they are reading.  (And below is the recipe for this particular AWESOME cookie recipe, so hey).  I am an ordinary woman.  I rarely wear makeup.  I try to stay healthy.  I want equality for everyone and I think one of the ways to do this is to avoid glamorization.  (this is just my opinion, and I think so many women and men are beautiful people.  And I do all the makeup/wardrobe and art design for a side project of mine: girlanachronism.blogspot.com, and "The Girl Anachronism Project" page on Facebook, so I'm not saying it doesn't have a place... I love it for the sake of art... which is why I don't wear makeup myself very often because I'm like "oooo!  canvas!" :


I'm going to start sharing a recipe EVERY day (ahem, every time I blog, which I am going to *try* to do daily).

Why?

Well, because I love to cook, bake and more importantly, experiment.  I'm all like :
(this is me in the kitchen.  Mostly because I sing/dance like a crazy person because I rock out to Pandora with my surround stereo in there.)

Also, because I fairly recently discovered that I am lactose-intolerant, and not like the not-so-bad kind where I can take a lactaid pill and nosh down some cheese.  The 'THERE IS NO GOD I CAN HAVE NO CHEESE OR LACTOSE OF ANY KIND EVER' kind.  To be fair, when I found out, this was my thought process when I was on the phone with my doc:

Dr: "Well, I'm sure this is no surprise to you, but you're extremely lactose-intolerant.  
Me: (silent).  (thinking : 'oh my God.  I can never have cheese.)
Dr: "You're going to have to be extremely careful, and read labels on everything.  Lactose is in almost everything."
Me: (thinking: 'I CAN'T HAVE CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!') (pause)  "Wait, what about the gluten test?"
Dr: "That was negative, you aren't gluten reactive."
Me: "Thank God I can still have beer!!!!"


Feel free to try my recipes without trepidation, as I always make my lactose-tolerant eating children and friends taste-test my recipes as well, so I can get a gauge for how they compare to the "real thing".

The goal for all my recipes is to slowly, one by one, convert/combine/create all my favorite foods I can no longer have into things I can, that still taste like the real deal.

recipe:

Dairy-Free Chocolate Raspberry Granola Cookies
recipe may not be used without written permission of Katherine Alexander

3/4 C + 2T Coconut Oil (softened for 10 sec. in microwave)
3/4 C packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 C Granulated Sugar
________  cream these 3 with electric mixer 1 min (until combined)
Add:
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1.5 C Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
.5 tsp Salt
________ Stir all these until Incorporated
Add:
3 Cups "Love Crunch" Brand "Dark Chocolate Raspberry" Granola (it's dairy free)
Stir.
Drop by tsp-T spoonful on aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12, until edges are just golden brown.

Yield: 4-5 dozen

Until next time.....

I have many more things to share that will make your life simpler, easier, and tastier.  So subscribe and don't miss the next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment