Sunday, May 5, 2013

Dinosaur No Mo'

I have rebelled against a lot about social media, but I have been able to appreciate the positive attributes.  One of those is this blog.  As an writer aspiring to get published, and someone who loves to make people laugh, I am always seeking an audience.  I work two jobs, go to school and raise two children alone however, so I don't always have time to do this socially.  By socially I mean the original definition, of WITH PEOPLE, in their physical presence. 

During this class, I have been blogging, and I realize that this is actually a viable outlet for me.  Facebook isn't, and I also tried Twitter over this semester as well, as an alternative connection between people to Facebook.  Twitter I find not nearly as disappointing as Facebook, and I enjoy posting funny anecdotes, and I appreciate the format (160 characters or less).  Overall, there is more control on their site as well, on the content you are exposed to.

I think however, I shall simply be a blogger.  I may eventually turn the facebook back on, but while I rarely used it before, I shall use it even less now.  I can see why it's useful for creating an event, and inviting everyone at once, easily, especially for a more public event that you don't have phone numbers for everyone you'd like to invite.  So far that's the only thing I miss about Facebook.

It simply comes to finding an outlet that's appropriate for us, in a method that we deem acceptable for our own standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment